The Feline eyeliner flick is the look of the season
The Eyeliner flick was all over the Autumn/Winter catwalks and everyone wants to be able to recreate them. I have been practicing but perfecting this on-trend look is not as easy as it looks!
So here are my top tips:
Pick the colour and type of liner that you would like to use. Black is a classic, and I prefer a gel liner because it gives a matte finish, but you could use any liner. Make sure that you apply the liner with a steady hand. A good tip when applying makeup is to lean your elbow on a table. This also reduces the chances of having to clean it all off and start again.
If you are like me and find using pencil liners tricky, you might benefit from switching to gel or liquid liners. These are smoother than pencils, and don’t drag the skin on your eyes. It is much easier to draw the flick and with practice, you’ll soon get the hang of it
This is what you’ll need…
- Black gel liner or liquid liner
- Black mascara
- A brow kit because perfect brows are essential
- Always start by applying eye liner in the centre of the upper eyelid it is much easier to see what you are doing that way. So, starting in the centre, then draw a line each way along the top lash line, and as close to the lashes as possible.
- From the outside corner of your eye, draw a line angled upwards, approximately 5mm in length, towards the end of your brow.
- From the tip of this line, draw back towards the lash line about a third of the way along the eye.
- Now fill the gap and apply false eyelashes or a few coats of mascara.